MINUTES FOR THE VIDEO PRODUCERS September 22, 2016 MEETING
Joseph Valentinetti, Joe Osuna, Oralia Osuna, Kate Pedigo, Paul Basset, Brian Harmon, Anna Derby, Howard Jarvis, John Robinson, Ren Villanueva, Richard Houck, Bonnie Cooper.
Members had read the minutes on line. Paul Bassett noted some discrepancies listed in the Treasurer’s report; however, the totals were correct. Richard Houck moved that the minutes be approved. Joe Osuna seconded. The minutes were unanimously approved.
The September treasurer’s report showed a bank balance of $1440.57 in the bank account; deposited a $100 donation from the Filipino Association making the balance $1540.57. Petty cash started at $95 - spent $5.00 for cookies; leaving a balance of $90.00 in petty cash. Brian Harmon moved to accept the treasurer’s report. Seconded by Joe Osuna. Report approved.
· Coffee set up was not provided until the end of the meeting. Administration was notified.
· Our annual Holiday party will be in Club House 4, Section A. Room open for VPC from John’s Philly Grill will cater. Ben Berg will be the entertainment.
· Election of officers will be at October meeting. Please submit names prior to the meeting.
· Members need to pay $.25 for the blank discs that they use. There is a box with change near the discs.
Round Table Discussion:
· Janice Laine completed a video on the Lapidary room
· Joe Osuna is videotaping the new Drone Club. Some residents have been concerned with their privacy regarding use of drones. Joe gave directions on how to render discs for SBTV3 and Superwire.
· Brian Harmon is recording Mary Apte speech on life story writing – her story and then Brian’s story. He is going to Viet Nam to film. His Power Point on Mongolia is completed.
· Anna Derby thanked Paul and Michael on the work they did on the amphitheater show.
· Lynn Choe praised Bonnie for the video she took of Lynn’s practice speech.
· Bonnie just finished Taylor’s show. She filmed Lorene Christian’s interview with Margot Wintermode for the Inside Leisure World show.
· John Robinson finished the American Legion video and the Doo Wop video.
· Richard Houck completed the ILW video on emergency preparedness. In addition, he is producing a video on his trip to San Francisco and he’s planning another video on the radio club.
· Ren Villanueva expressed his gratitude to the club for their work on his recent Filipino Association event. He submitted a copy of it to the Historical society.
· Paul Bassett made a video of the Cabaret show and will film the unveiling of the globe on .
Spoke about the Seal Beach city elections. SBTV3 will make their own videos of the candidates and run them frequently. They will not accept outside political videos. She went over the directions for rendering video sound for SBTV3.